Monday, July 16, 2007

Hello world!

Hello my dear readers, this is the first post in my new blog about photography and how to get awesome shots without selling your kidney. Photography is my hobby which can be real drain for you money, but there are lots of tricks and DIYs that can help you save some serious bucks and improve your creativity.

Basically I am a Canon man and own amateur DSLR camera - Digital Rebel XTI/EOS 400D. My lens collection includes universal EF-S 17-85 IS lens and cheapo EF 50mm 1.8 II, I also own a Speedlite 430EX flash unit and some other useful accessories which might be covered in later articles in this blog. Most probably they will.

Before starting this blog I have set a goal for myself to improve my photo skills by sharing my accumulated knowledge and practicing lots of creative workshops. I am not a native English speaking person and this blog is a way to improve my writing skills and I hope that I will succeed in this goal as well.

Being a SLR user does not sound that low cost, but just try using (borrow or ask a shop assistant) a SLR camera and you will never want to return to your old slow compact camera. But that does not mean that you can not be creative and make great photos with your much cheaper compact. The mind behind camera is that which makes difference.

Good luck and come and visit this blog again.

No comments: